The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has been busy checking out each of the applications for marijuana licenses. While they have given out around 200 licenses they have received over 1300 applications and counting. Each inspector goes to 2 or 3 sites each day to ensure that they are up to compliance before giving them approval for their license. One of the big items on the inspection checklist is your security system. So how do you know if your security system will meet regulations?
- The first thing to do is make sure that you read up on requirements before deciding on what system will be the best for you.
- Find a business with experience to help you through the process.
- Plan ahead to get your security system and video surveillance up and running before your inspection.
- This will ensure that you have time to get to know your system and how it will benefit your business.
- Price out your options and find a deal specific to your industry if you can.
Since there are so many applicants that the OLCC has to inspect, if you fail any part of your inspection it could be weeks or months more of waiting and money not being made. Since security and surveillance systems are some of the most regulated items on the checklist to get licensed, it should be one of the first things you plan for.
Some other things that the OLCC has to research before they can approve applications are:
- Financial Information
- Extensive Background Checks
- Ownership Setups
- Site Plans
With all of these requirements to look into the OLCC estimates it can take anywhere from 45-60 days to investigate each applicant. So get your ducks in a row before you finish your application, be prepared for extensive background and financial checks, and get the security system that works most efficiently for your facility.